Saturday, September 25, 2010

Minnie Mouse 3rd Birthday

Whew!  What a week we've had!  On Sunday, we went to a family party at my sister's house.  When we got home, we found out that the mountain by our house was on fire and they were evacuating us.  Ah!  Let me just tell you it is pretty difficult to leave your home and all of your belongings, not knowing if you will ever see them again.
Anyway, to make a long story short, the awesome fire fighters managed to get the fire under control and only loose three homes.  If you saw how close the homes in my town are, you would understand why this is so amazing.  They said it was the fastest spreading fire any of them had ever seen.
We were able to come back home on Tuesday, which just so happened to be Chey's birthday.  You know, the one who sent out the Toodles invites last week?

We finally had her party today.  I love how cute her outfit and decorations turned out.  On the other hand, I'm not so proud of her cake, so I will just get that out of the way right now:
I know!  LAME!  This is so not my best work!  But my cake pans are in storage, so I had to use what I found in my mom's cupboards and Make it Work.
I was all out of fun embellishments, and living on a student's income,
we had to Do Without.

Anyway, I swear the rest is totally worth your time, so...
Let's take it from the top, shall we?
How fun are these ears???
My sister helped me put these together.  We just made them with felt, a black headband, and tulle and ribbon that match her shirt and tutu.
Little Miss 'tude thought her shirt was the best part of the whole darn outfit.
I freezer stenciled the heads, then hand stitched a little bow onto Minnie.
It seems I didn't get any close ups of the tutu, but you get the idea.
Wanna know my favorite part?
It doubles as her Halloween costume!
(One costume down...three more to go!)
Once again, starting at the top.
The bags are the favors.
Pink for the girls and black for the boys.
Inside each bag is a box of crayons and coloring pages that I printed off Disney's website.
We did a candy cannon and they used the bags to collect the candy.
The banner also pulls double duty.
Now that the party is over, it will hang over her bed.

That's it!
Pretty simple, but it made my Curly Top very happy!
Not even allergies could bring her down!



14 comments:

  1. Very cute! We are doing a mickey party next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, such a cute party and great job on everything! Thank you for linking up with us and hope you come back next week to party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through links...If you ever need new recipes come swing by our blog. we also have a great give away going on now.. A free purse of your choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm so glad your home was okay! Watching the updates on the fire was incredible! So scary how easy and fast it can all happen. I think I slept with my external hard drive (the thing I would grab on my way out the door) for the next 4 nights! Way to make the party amazing anyway! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, it looks like your daughter had a great time enjoying her party and tutu. I love the photo where you have "come inside..." printed on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the shirt turned out...I just discovered freezer stenciling and am in love! The whole outfit is just adorable! I found you through New Friend Friday and am now following; have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job!! Love the favor bags and the banner.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting over at http://kygirlmarissa.blogspot.com/. I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Happy birthday little mouse! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so adorable! I am having a disney linky next Friday. you should come link this up at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun party!!!
    Thanks for sharing at Socialize with me Monday til Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt and skirt are so darn cute! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun!! I love the headbands, and who doesn't like pink tutus? :)

    Thanks so much for linking up! Come back tomorrow for the show off of fave parties!

    xoxo
    Bird

    ReplyDelete