Sunday, February 6, 2011

Taco Soup--It's Mmm, Mmm, MMM, Good!

I am not a big soup lover, but this is simple to make and tastes fantastic!

I found the recipe in my World Wide Ward Cookbook, but I changed it a little for my family's taste.

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (can substitute 2 tbsp. dehydrated onion)
  • 1/4 c. taco seasoning (more or less to taste)
  • 2-8 oz. cans tomato sauce
  • 2 quarts tomato juice
  • 2-15 oz. cans whole-kernel corn, drained
  • 2-10 oz. cans Ro-Tel
  • 1-15 oz. can kidney beans, undrained
  • 1-15 oz. can pinto beans, undrained
  • Cheese, grated
  • Sour Cream
  • Tortilla Chips
Brown ground beef with onion and taco seasoning.  Add all other ingredients except the cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. Salt and pepper to taste.   Let simmer.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

Hope you love it as much as we do.
We can't keep our hands off it!

5 comments: