Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School {t-shirt dresses}

Today's the day!  We are officially BACK TO SCHOOL!  Yay!  They are so excited.  They got up and got dressed before I even got Daddy's lunch made.  This is saying something because Kota is totally NOT a morning person (she gets that from me.)  And we were an hour and a half late getting to bed last night. WHOOPS!
But we made it.  Early.  It was amazing!  And that was including our photo shoot!

 I went all out and made their whole outfits this year.
It was my first attempt at t-shirt dresses.  Crazy.  I know!
I LOVE how they turned out.  And they were pretty quick and easy
(once I fixed a little issue with Charly's ;) )
Dakota accessorized with a headband, earrings, and a necklace all made my Momma.
Charly got all dolled up in her FAVORITE from head to toe.
I used Beads in a Bottle to make the "jewl" kitty head on her shirt.
They were so much fun to use!
I made a template on my Silhouette so I could space the jewels evenly.  Worked like a charm!
(I originally used some of the pink fabric for the waistband on Charly's dress.  BIG MISTAKE!  It took all the stretch out of the shirt and made it nearly impossible to get on.  But all was well after a little quality time with the seam ripper and a trip back to the sewing machine for some stretch ruffle.)
 Charly's accessories included a fun GIANT ric rac and tulle flower clip,
 and some simple button earrings.
This girly-girl is over the moon with her Hello Kitty dress, back pack, and shoes.
What's not to love?

 Mom, please, can we go now?  Are you done?  We might miss the bus!
{even though we are 20 minutes early. ;) }
 AHHH!  I can't believe how grown up they are getting!
1st and 2nd grade.  It boggles my mind!
Okay, I swear I am almost done.
Pinky promise!
Just a couple of things to make my Momma heart sing for a minute.

I hope everyone's school year is off to {or will be soon} a great start!

3 comments:

  1. CUTE dresses!! And great photos of the first day!! I love the collages that you made:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you made that jewel hello kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they are just too cute! Great job, Mom!
    Popped in from Craft-O-Maniac's Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete