Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Long Time, No See

Okay, I know it has been a long time...like 3 months, long time!  But things have been crazy around here!  Remember we were supposed to move?  We did.  But not where we had originally planned.  We were planning to move to WY so my hubby could work in the oil field.  But that didn't work out.

My in-laws sold the house they have lived in for about 30 years and bought a much bigger one...with a basement that used to be an apartment, but the last owners converted it into a movie theater room.  So we moved in to help them change it back into an apartment.  We are closer to hubby's new job, so he doesn't have to waste so much time in stupid Utah construction traffic.  Which, incidentally, he is working on now, so I can't say too much bad about it, it pays the bills!

The thing that has really kept me away lately has been my health.  I think I mentioned before that I was having killer migraines all the time.  I was diagnosed with Chronic Migraines in May and they still haven't found any medications that stop it.  Then I had an ear ache in August and went to an InstaCare.  They said I have Chronic Blockage of the Eustachian Tube (the tube that runs between your ears.  You know when you fly or drive up in the mountains and you feel like you need to pop you ears?  I feel like that all the time....yeah. NOT FUN!)  They told me I need to have tubes put in my ears, like they do for little kids.  But my insurance doesn't cover it, so I have to just suck it up until we get insurance that does.

Then to top things off, things got really crazy the Saturday before last.  I had been running around like a mad woman for over  a week, trying to put the finishing touches on this sweet girl's 4th birthday party:
 
Isn't she adorable?  Can you guess what her party was by the shirt?
More on that later!

Anyway, it was finally party time and things were going great.  The party really came together.  Everyone was having fun.  I ran upstairs to get the candles and suddenly had a pain in my chest and felt faint.

I made it through the weekend feeling pretty weak and tired.  I figured I was just worn out from the party.  But by Tuesday I was still feeling lousy.  The hubby convinced me to go to the ER when I nearly passed out doing laundry.  2 hours, 1 EKG, 1 CT Scan, and 1 blown IV (again, NOT FUN!) later, they decided that there was something wrong with my heart, it wasn't blood clots in my heart or lungs, but whatever it was eluded them.  They did say, however, that it wasn't life threatening, so I could go home and follow up with my primary care physician and to call him immediately if I started to run a fever.  Thursday afternoon I got in to see my doctor.  They listened to my heart and said, yes, it was acting pretty weird.  So they sent me home with a 24 hour stress test heart monitor.

The dr. office called me back Saturday afternoon to tell me that they had looked at the results of the test and decided that I had at least 10 incidents of elevated heart beat and several times where it dropped really low.  So they want me to meet with a cardiologist next Monday to decide what is wrong and where to go from here.

In the mean time?  Between my hubby and father-in-law hovering over me ( love you both tons! :) ) I am definitely taking it easy.  The upside?  I can catch up on some blog posts, clean out my google reader (I went from 610 to 0 on Saturday), and get started on my mile long Christmas gift making list.  Not to mention the 4 Halloween Costumes I need to make and the fall dresses I need to finish.  So anyway, it looks like I'm back on the radar.  I have a few things that I have made over the summer but never found the time to blog, so you can look forward to seeing:
  • Chey's 4th Birthday Party
  • School Picture Dresses
  • Daddy Did It Bunk Beds
  • and a few other things that have left my brain at the moment.
  • Oh, and I have been going through my pictures and found some things that I made pre-blog that I thought would be fun to share.
So, See you around...soon!  I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment