Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tangled Party Banner

Have you ever seen "Tangled"?
Around here, we watch it a lot!
My kids can pretty well quote you the whole movie.
Which made basing the decor off of great quotes from the movie pretty easy.

One of my favorite quotes is when Rapunzel tells Gothel, 
"That's the funny thing about birthdays.  They're kind of an annual thing."
I thought that would be so fun above a collage from Chey's Birthdays.
I just made the banner in Microsoft Word Publisher, banners.
I just Googled Tangled fonts for the font.  I think the name was Juana B Tangled v.2
I added a couple of photos from each of her birthdays with some leftover yarn from one of the activities, which I will share tomorrow.

The balloon flowers I found on Pinterest here...or not!  I could have sworn I pinned it, but I can't find it anywhere!

Okay, Plan B.  If this was your amazing idea, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

So the original directions were to cut circles out of cardboard in 2 different sizes, one for the center of the flowers, and a larger one for the petals.
I was feeling pretty lazy, so I grabbed a pitcher that was the size I wanted the centers and a pot for the petals.
Then I put my sister-in-law to work (free labor.  Yay!)
She blew the centers into the pitcher until it touched the sides and I tied them off.
Then she blew 5 petals in the pot until each one touched the side.
Tie 3 of the petal balloons together and the other 2 petals together.
Then tie all of the petals together with the center balloon.
It won't really look like a flower, but when you put it up against the wall (hubby used duct tape), you can squish it down flat and you have a beautiful, perfect flower!
Does any of that make sense?
If you want more info on the flowers, let me know and I can put together a tutorial, mmkay?

1 comment:

  1. I totally laughed at your comment about pinning the garland to Christmas and just had to come over and say hi! I was so delighted to see this post! I love that line from Tangled too and I think you are just so clever to use it on a banner! What a fabulous idea! This is just way too adorable. You creative thing, you! :)
    Hugs!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete