Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Down & Out Kind of Day

Anyone else out there ever had one of those days where you just feel down?  I got out of bed this morning feeling crappy.  I was up most of the night with a sick stomach.  And most of the rest of night, I was dreading the kids catching this bug I have.  Not fun.
I just finished a reading this post.  I was almost in tears by the end.  Not that it is really THAT emotional a post.  Just that it pretty well hit spot on how I have been feeling lately.

I wish I could say that my family is always dressed, hair done, smiles on their faces.
I wish I could say that the house is always clean, the dishes always done,
and the kids were always in bed on time.
I wish that my life looked like what all my fellow blogger's lives look like.
Spotless, peaceful, beautiful.

But in reality, my life is always a mess.
I am not good at keeping the house clean.  I HATE doing laundry.
And despite the fact that I have four little girls,
there is usually a fight going on at our house.

I am thankful for the Lord and all that He does for me.
I am thankful for the post that I mentioned earlier.
It reminded me that I am not alone.
It gave me the courage to be proud of who I am, faults and all.
And it made my day seem a little less awful.
She had the strength and faith to tell the world what she believes.
I  in turn, am going to let you all know what I believe.

I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father.
He is always there for me.
He knows what I am going through because he has gone through it for me already.
He knows that my life is messy and not always a bowl of sunshine.
He is rooting for me when things are good,
and is there to lift me up when I am feeling down.
He is my Savior.

Thanks for being the awesome people that you are.
Thanks for contributing to my crafty side, and listening to my blubbery side. 
(Yes, I am bawling like a baby right now!)
Thanks for reading this post and letting me stick my neck out there.
 I'm not very good at expressing my emotions.

1 comment:

  1. Awww sweetie! No one has a perfect life! I only have one child who is 12 and I still have days that I feel like I can't get anything done, the house is a mess, I'm not preparing a healthy meal...yada yada yada. But you are doing great as long as your faith remains in the Father!

    Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete